Welcome to this online exhibit that explores the creation of the modern American food system in all its complexity.
- Start with the timeline of five turning point events in U.S. food system history.
- Then, visit the hall of fame, featuring five change agents that have shaped the food system.
- Next, chew on five big ideas that contributed to the development of today’s food system.
- After that, read Worth it?, a critique of Ann Vileisis’s argument that the current food system operates by means of a “covenant of ignorance.”
- Lastly, ponder the future of the food system through three questions posed for further research.
Enjoy your visit!